Wednesday 29 July 2009

Helppppppppp.........


I'm investing in one of these buttons. My latest new customer has just called in with 11 pairs of trousers to shorten!! I have already got 3 pair of lined patio door curtains to shorten [got to wait for Twiglet to be free to help with those cos my replacement knee doesn't allow me to kneel down on the floor....the best place to cut curtains], a jacket to shorten the sleeves on, a bridesmaid's dress to put side panels into to let out for a very pregnant bridesmaid, a dress to take in the sides of [including realigning a concealed zip!] ....etc etc Does noone sew these days? [Oh yes of course you do Snailbeachshepherdess....fancy a few hours extra work?]

8 comments:

Linda D said...

It sounds as though you're one of those lucky people who are prospering because of the economic crisis. People are realising it's cheaper to alter and repair rather than buy new.

Annie said...

When I am rich....I'm not so sure they are doing that 'cos most of what I do is on newly bought items. It is true that I have done more alterations recently to charity shop bought items but I don't think many have stopped buying new because of the state of the economy and my business seems to be going from strength to strength.

Twiglet said...

Think I might get you one of those emergency buttons to hang round your neck - then you can summon help from me any time!!

snailbeachshepherdess said...

not on your nelly!!! Just getting used to my new machine - all mod cons up in the hills now!

Friko said...

Sorry, have never been any good at sewing, with or without a sewing machine. I find it hard to sew on a button! You wouldn't like a pile of buttons and the buttonless clothes to go with them on top of your 11 pairs of trousers, would you? Thought not.

Judging by the time on your comment this morning: you are a busy bee!! Just as well you like what you're doing. Happy stitching! (while I turn over for another 10 mins snooze)

snailbeachshepherdess said...

gotcha - you have been tagged - seven words that describe one's self - ha ha ha - that'll teach you to offer me trousers to shorten!!!

mountainear said...

That help button would be very useful but I think you need it more than me at present.

Calico Kate said...

So pleased you're busy even if it doesn't feel it at times I bet you are too!
CKx