Wednesday 29 February 2012

WOYWW update....I've done it :-)

Today I have.....
  • Altered a huge king sized bed spread and  man woman handled it into a black bin sack.
  • Patched and darned a gent's jacket
  • Shortened 4 pair of trousers
  • Let out 2 pair trousers
  • Shortened the sleeves on a lined jacket
  • Shortened the sleeves on a cardigan with hand stitching
  • Patched and darned a gent's jumper
  • Repaired the lining on a knitted hoody
  • Patched and darned two pockets and restitched 2 pair of trousers
  • Made a yummy batch of granary bread rolls
Not a bad day here at sewing by Annie's eh?   And now my 'to do' rail looks like this...



I still have a Vicar's vestment hood to reline [when I can find the right colour material]. a Wedding dress to alter, a beaded prom dress to alter and a veil to finish beading [yes, that is the veil hanging on the end of my 'to do' rail] but that's another day  :-).  

Now I'm off into the kitchen to make a lasagne for tea....yum yum

12 comments:

Debbie Rock said...

I LoVe "to do" rails/lists like that! I shall be very happy when my March Cards-To-Do looks the same. Happy WOYWWing. Debbie #89

ScrappnBee said...

WOW! Wonder Woman turn in your lasso and invisable plane! Congrats on the empty rail. -Amanda

Twiglet said...

Fantastic achievement!!

kay said...

well done on completing all your jobs,x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Amazing accomplishment and still able to make it around to WOYWW desks, too. I would have been here earlier, but I got caught in a tornado early Wed morning. Here's to a belated WOYWW from #3.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Reading all that you did makes me tired....:) It's good to be busy though isn't it...shows your good at what you do.

SueH said...

How on earth did you manage to clear that little lot before the day was out…….was someone drip feeding you because you surely couldn’t have taken a break for sustenance.

Happy Crafting!
Sue H #95
x

Julia Dunnit said...

Phew! I knew if I visited late you'd be finished and re-starting! Good job you love your job!! A single day really increased yr customer count. I love what you're doing for the bride's veil... I had Mummy.s very plain veil and sewed seed pearl weds all around it, I know how much time and love you're using!

Polly Polkadot said...

I saw this when it was first posted, but have only just arrived to comment.My reaction:I breathed a sigh of relief for you!

scrappymo! said...

Wow, you ploughed through those quickly. Good for you.
Must be nice to not have them hanging over your head.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Well done for getting all that lot out of the way, so now you only have to finish sewing all those crystals on the veil. That little flower girl would upstage anyone, she is so beautiful. I am off now to make som (also yummy) 50/50 bread, half white and half wholemeal flour. Have a good week. xx Maggie #9

Lavinia said...

Blimey you have been busy! Every time I visit your blog I always tell myself I am going to get my sewing machine out! And you know what--I never do! Think I have a mental block about sewing for some reason now? I used to make loads of things as well as sew for a living many years ago! I must get my act together! Have a good week!
Lavinia
x