Friday 17 August 2012

Friday's smile...

Some weeks it really is easier than others to find something to smile about.  My cup is always half full....I focus on the things I've got and the things I CAN DO but this week seems to have really challenged me so I am making myself write down all the good things for this week...
  • Monday was Funday with Jo.....I was lacking my friend Mojo but still managed to start making the two dolls for the twins...I've made so many rag dolls using this pattern now that Mojo wasn't missed!
  • Tuesday was Munchkin day....I've always found caring for little ones easy so having a day with those pair was truly wonderful....lots of love and hugs.
  • My gorgeous son has been offered a new job.....he has been working as a locksmith and really enjoyed it because he enjoyed the challenge of the job.  He has learnt so much in the years he has been working there and has even learnt all the intricacies of access control security systems.  Whilst working there he put himself through the first two years of training to be an electrician but to continue to the third year he needed hands on experience.  He has just accepted a new job with an electrical company who are willing to put him through the rest of his training.....wahooooo we are so very proud of you Mark.
  • Last night we babysat for our daughter Amy.  Their other Nanny and Granddad had looked after them from the middle of the afternoon so for about half an hour the three grandchildren had 2 Nannies and 2 Granddads looking after them......Amy had already told us that it takes all 4 of us to do the job the two of them do!! [I think she forgets I had three and the other Nanny had 4 children  :-) ].  We had a lovely evening playing with dollies, push chairs, shop etc etc and can proudly say all three then went straight to bed at about 7.30 and not another murmur was heard later.....they are an absolute delight to care for.
So, that's my positives for this week.  As you can imagine if you've read the post below it really hasn't been easy to find things to make me smile this week.  I would like to say a huge Thank you to all my wonderful blogging friends who left me comments of love and hugs yesterday....you really do make a difference. I am so very blessed to have 'met' you all through blogging.

 Here are just a few pics of what I've got to smile about.....

Morning smiles from Phoebe, Louise and......




......Steve.  Three happy, healthy and full of fun children.  Aren't they just adorable?


Here is the latest set of snaps Shell sent me of the twins having 5 minutes of hugs, kisses and giggles together.  They are so funny and never fail to make me smile....I am truly blessed.









It really does do you good to focus on the good things in life.  Why not have a go and share with me the things that have made you smile this week?

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

mountainear said...

Just caught up with yesterday's news. What a sad day.

Lovely pictures - it must be hard to feel down when you have such beautiful grandchildren to treasure. X

Di said...

Brilliant piccies Annie!

Here's another Helen Keller quote:

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.

I'm hanging onto that quote right now too - and you do have a lot of sunshine to be happy about. This too will pass remember.

Love and hugs, Di xx

Twiglet said...

Oh those pics just make your heart sing!! x jo

JoZart Designs said...

Even through sadness there are smiles and here are some beautiful ones.
Well done too for looking beyond it and seeing the positives. We are well blessed with our families.
Love jo x

SueH said...

Well, given the week you’ve had Annie I can fully understand how you’re feeling but with all those little ones around you it must be hard to stay sad for long.

Congrats to your son on his new job too, what a great opportunity for him.
Have a good weekend.

Sue
x

Catriona said...

Fantastic Friday Foties as always. More hugs((()))

Angie said...

I have been out of the loop so missed the post below ...I am so sorry ...loosing a dear friend of so many years is hard enough but loosing a furry one too is heart breaking....you did the only thing you could...and the happy times will stay withyou always.
I love your posative list ...maybe many of us would do well to create such a list every week.
My thoughts are with you ...huge hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I've come to rely on you giving me something to smile about every Friday and even this week you haven't disappointed. I'm delighted for your son ... what prospective employer wouldn't recognise the level of commitment Mark has shown and snap him up immediately. And the photos of your lovely grandchildren are just a treat - the twins look as though they are the best of friends too. So there you are Annie, you've made me smile even when life has thrown you a wobbly and you're definitely one of my most treasured bloggy friends too. When my world turns turtle I hang on to the same adage as Di ... this too will pass ... it's my mantra. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Christals Creations said...

What lovely positives.
:o)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my word Annie, full heart time. So sorry to read about Skye, however blessed you are with love in your life, it's not possible to not grieve a liitle and miss him a lot.

Carmen said...

It really does make the difference to try and look back on some positives doesn't it? I know how hard it must have been for you this week, when I did my yearly round up at the end of last year it was with the thought of three deaths one on top of the other at the end of the year. It would be so easy to think back on last year and only remember that. This is such an amazing post and a very brave one too xx

BadPenny said...

Two grannies & two grandpas & littlies...what fun !
Mum always reminds us that she had four children, had to wash nappies & had no fridge either !
Sad news. We seem to be going to a lot of funerals at the moment x

Neet said...

What a beautiful post Annie. What beautiful children too - I just love your Friday smiles.
Hugs, Neet xx

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

It is so interesting that in times of sadness it is our little people who bring the joy :) they do say ignorance is bliss.......

Lydia La La said...

Not so nice to read your sad news of having say goodbye to your friend and little Skye. I would say that little Skye had the best life ever!!! Spoilt and loved. What more do WE want?
Thinking of you. xo

Sue Pinner said...

Such stunner's they are, all gorgeous and will always lift your spirits up high. Definitely a cup full to the brim
Hugs hugs your way xx

Hettie said...

Aw! The little uns are growing soo fast. well done to your son! It is hard getting good news on the job front these days.
xx