Monday 24 September 2012

When is it ever going to stop?...

It has rained non stop all night and it's still raining heavily.  The little bridge over the brook [where you can see the car with it's lights on] cannot cope with all the water so it's now running like a river down the sides and onto the road.  It has already flooded out the shop [behind the vans] and they have only just redone the floors there since the last flood on 14th July.  They are desperately trying to pump out the water but I think it's a losing game they are playing I'm sorry to say.  

When you think that the road was flooded like this only once before in my memory [back in 1963/4] it is amazing that it has already happened again.  What is happening to our weather?

8 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Annie so very sorry to be reading this I pray for all those folks and for the rain to stop too can come over our way for a it!! God bless and keep you safe! Shaz in oz.x

Twiglet said...

Sorry to say - it's still raining up here in the hills so you probably have more to come - this is not a fun day Monday!!

Carmen said...

Been raining all day and all last night here too. Am so thankful we moved last year because I can just imagine how much water has flooded under the front door of our old house - it used to be terrible with any prolonged amount of rain.

Hoping it stops for you soon. Craig always sighs and shakes his head when I say it but I swear it's global warming messed up our weather. The seasons are all out of whack.

Kezzy said...

Oh Annie it must be awful for them and you to be living so close. Hugs Kerry xxx

Angie said...

I am sitting here listening to the wind down the chimney and I worry about the roof tiles...and the rain is beating down too ....probably finding the weak spots. I hate how the weather is nowadays ...we have had so little summer up here this year ...not enough to recharge the empty winter batteries in our souls.
I hope you are not personally affected by flooding and that your town/village is safe. xx

Di said...

Oh Annie, I hope you're safe - all this flooding is dreadful. Like others, I wonder whatever is going on with Mother Nature lately :(

Take care honey

Love and hugs, Di xx

Pondside said...

It's hard to look at that photo and think of the way the road looked on Friday when I came by to meet you. I'm so sorry to read about the bad weather. Stay safe!

JoZart Designs said...

Hope things stay dry for you there and you escape the worse(as we have) Love jo x