Wednesday 22 January 2014

WOYWW...

Another week has passed with yet more sorting, packing into yet more boxes and, yes, yet another load of rubbish taken to the local tip....yes, that's load 22!!!

Every spare minute seems occupied with new houses and plans for a move.....not only us but we went with our son and his financee to look at the new house they are buying last Saturday and on Sunday we babysat for the twins so their mummy and daddy could go to look at a larger house that they would like to buy......this house moving lark is spreading like wild fire round here  :-)

So?  What's on my work desk for you to look at today?



Here you can see Mitzy Monkey looking after my growing pile of knitted blanket squares.
For those that asked last week...my squares are knitted diagonally and the pattern I use is one I have adapted so if anyone was interested I'd be happy to share the instructions if you fancied knitting some.


The other thing I've got on the go is a little knitted hoodie for one of the babies expected locally in the next month.  They don't know the sex of the baby and I really love this pale turquoise wool for either a boy or girl.  Can you see the pretty cable pattern up the left hand side?  I've not knitted cable for a few years so am really chuffed with how it's turning out...a bit like riding a bike I guess [not that I can actually ride one!!].



Well folks thats all from me for today.  Short and sweet, just like Julia requests  :-)  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will leave me a little hello message so I know you've called by.  I will do my best to pay you a return visit as soon as possible.
Hugs,
Annie x

14 comments:

Twiglet said...

What a family of knits we are! x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love Jo's comment above, lol! I think I'm a big knit too! Who are you knitting the squares for? I wouldn't mind a copy f the pattern...diagonal squares would be more interesting than normal ones.
Hope all is still going ok with the move. Did all the surveys go ok?
Hugs, LLJ 38 xx

lisa said...

There must definitely be something in the air with all your moving fever, Annie. Hope everything is going smoothly.
What a lot of knitting, still at least it's portable and can be easily packed away.
Have a good week.
Hugs Lisax #47

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd be happy with that knitting, too. You did a great job with it.

You and Jo really stepped up to the plate when it came to making hexes for LLJan's charity. You gals always go above and beyond. It's so sweet of you.

Have a great week and I'll see you Friday. Happy WOYWW from #1, but thanks for the previous visit.

Anne said...

Beautiful knitting Annie. Thank you for the pattern for your squares ( you mentioned it to me once before and had been meaning to ask for it) I knit blankets for Africa but the pattern is quite boring so was looking for something different. I will give it a go when I've finished the one I'm doing.
Anne x #58 ( well at the moment , it changed twice last week :-) )

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thinking of you and was hoping your moving plans were solid by now and that you could be settled by Spring. I'd be crazy living out of boxes once again. Just love the color or your knitted hoodie and pretty cable stitch. Enjoy WOYWW and have a fun week.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I went straight to the pattern above and printed that one out. Years ago, I crocheted a blanket for my son to his own design. It was done in squares and half squares and ended up as a simple robot shape, but I tried several different patterns out just for fun, some with bobbles even. He still has it and it is so warm and cosy. I am not moving house but I am still filling my dustbin each week and still doing tip runs. What worries me is that I cannot see the space I should have created by now. I reckon that what is left has expanded and fluffed up to fill the space. Hope your move soon takes place and allows you to get back to crafting in full. xx Maggie #21

Laura said...

That turquoise yarn is such a beautiful colour
Happy Wednesday
Laura
65

Helen said...

You are such a knitter!! Thanks for dropping by earlier, hope you didn't catch the cold back! I was sneezing loads at work today, and am hoping it's not another one before this one's gone... Helen 23.

Elizabeth said...

And when you move, Annie, if our experience is anything to go by, you'll still be taking trips to the dump. Check out the overflowing garden waste bin and the other pile of garden waste behind me in my pic today for the evidence :) That colour is beautiful - perfect for a boy or girl. Hope you have a good week. Elizabeth x #81

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Such a lovely colour for any baby. Moving is definitely in the air, 3 of our 4 nearest neighbours are upping sticks. Was it something we said?! You're so right about a lack of suitable quality dress making fabric locally. I follow a few US sewing bloggers and they are spoilt for choice.

Fiona x

Gill Edwards said...

i love cable and its the one pattern i can do in knitting, very pretty colour too and just right for either sex.
thanks for visiting
Gill x

Tertia said...

Those squares are great! You would swear its winter over there. So hot here, I think I could actually die if I tried to knit.
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #14

okienurse said...

You stay so busy I am ashamed to say how lazy I am! Grandees are looking so big now days. Beautiful! Love all the squares. Hope everything is going well with the move. I need to clear up a few things around here as we have been in this house 25 years and very little has left while more has come in! Vickie #53