Wednesday 28 December 2016

WOYWW...and a catch up of my Christmas makes

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are now ready to see in a New Year.  2016 has been a difficult year of losing many good friends and close family members so I'm really looking forward to closing the door on 2016 and starting fresh in 2017....hold close those you love and tell them you love them often.

So? You are here to see what's on my desk are you?  Well, I only have clutter on my desk today and no sewing has gone on since last week so I have decided to do a round up on all the sewing/making I did leading up to Christmas that I can now share with you......be warned it is picture heavy so I will understand if you don't reach the end and will now wish you all a very Happy New Year before I start.

 




A fabric book and it's pages that I made for little Theo.




Two dolly 'baby carriers' I made for the twins.



A little rabbit in dungarees I knit for little Theo.





Two different table centres I made as gifts....the one is adapted from a pattern Jozarty shared with us.




The Sylvanians are modelling some of the clothes I made for both Shell and Amy's families.....I filled a little three drawered chest with clothes for each family....dresses, trousers, shirts, knitted gilets and knitted hats.



Plus made 5 teepees for the Sylvanians to go camping in....and I made two sleeping bags for each tent.  :-)




And last but my no means least these are the three Christmas cards I made for out family.....made in felt, stitched and beaded.

So there you are.....as you can see I kept busy here and I know each is loved and will be played with/treasured for many years so that makes all the hard work so worth it.  I hope you enjoyed my catch up.

Here's to a very Happy New Year ahead of us with lots more linking up, fun and friendship in 2017.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

Helen said...

Happy New Year, Annie. much love and sewing to you! Helen #1

Kathyk said...

So many fab projects you have shared in this post - YAY!

Sorry to hear about the losses you have experienced in 2016 - as they say, 2017 can only get better

Happy New Year and WOYWW

Kathyk
#4

sandra de said...

I do wonder how you have the time to sew up such an amazing assortment of projects. All beautiful. Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy new year.
sandra de @7

Neet said...

Absolutely NO imposition going through your photos. All filled with goodness and happiness in every stitch that it shows. Love those Christmas cards - how very clever of you. The book for little Theo is wonderful, from the bright rainbow on the cover to the bit sunshine inside, each page a delight. Then the baby carriers, the little rabbit and who could not be thrilled at the Sylvanian family wardrobe and camping gear. The only thing I have missed is the beautiful table centres you made. What a busy bee you are.
Hope you continue to be as busy in 2017 and hope it is a fresh start as you mention at the beginning of your post.
Sending lots of love and very best wishes for a Happy New Year to you, Dods and Millie and to your lovely happy family.
Neet 12 xx
ps any chance of a pattern for the trousers?

Twiglet said...

So many lovely makes there Annie - what a busy little bee! x Jo

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, those are such lovely gifts you made, as you say, they will be treasured, and probably passed on to the next generations. I do love that bunny! Lovely Christmas card we received, Thank you so much.Have a good week,and Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW and Happy New Year for Sunday. As usual I am completely in awe of all the fabulous projects you have completed. I am sure that my family wish I was so talented! Ali x #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fabulous makes! You are so clever - my favourites are the Sylvanian tepees, what a fab idea, bet the kids love them! I'm so glad you had a good Christmas, though I suspect yours would have been tinged with sadness too. What a year it's been for us both.
Onwards and upwards though - here's to a happy and healthy 2017!!
Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

craftyani said...

Wow someone has patience. As I have got older my patience has run out and also having no youngsters to cater for. Love the Sylvania family makes. Like you I am hoping for a better 2017 every good wishes for it.
Ani xx

Christine said...

Lovely lot of makes you have there, well done. I hope to unearth my sewing machine and make a quiet book for little soldier, I have lots of Pinterest to help!!!
Have a happy WOYWW, my 'boys' are napping so I have managed to get on the laptop to wish you a happy New year.
Christine #10

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for visiting. WOW you have made Awesome little things for all your gift giving. Loving the fabric book and all the stuffed animals. I too am looking forward to the NEW year 2017...sad news again yesterday, my fun neighbor from the old city neighborhood 57 years old had an aneurysm and is in ICU. His daughters were close age and friends to my sons. It makes one feel blessed with good health. May you and yours enjoy a HAPPY NEW YEAR and for now enjoy the Merriment.

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! Lots of great gifts for your family and friends. Dorlene #28

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, gosh, you've been really busy. I just love the teeny-tiny teepees - is there no end to your talents :) Thanks for visiting earlier. I'm glad to report that we are both well again and looking forward to a new year that will hopefully be better than 2016! Here's wishing you and yours a Good New Year and all the best for 2017. Hugs, Ellie x #27

Sharon said...

Wow what a wonderful lot of makes! I bet the recipients were really pleased.

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant projects there Annie. I'm a bit late with my visits tonight so will have to make it a quick one. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great woyww, Angela x 6

Julia Dunnit said...

well, what wonderful gifts you made, how lovely. I know how much they'll be played with, and you cant ask for more than that, huh - it is such a great pleasure to see them in use without affectation or effort isn't it.

Artatag said...

Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing all this loveliness! I am a bit late and happy to see all these familiar names.

Happy WOYWW and New Year

Gabriele 29

Christals Creations said...

Lovely gifts. My Sylvanians could have done with a wardrobe like that. ;) xx

Christals Creations said...

Lovely gifts. My Sylvanians could have done with a wardrobe like that. ;) xx