Wednesday 27 September 2017

WOYWW....

Hello folks.  I'm baring all again and sharing some of my creative space with you.

This week I have been working with requests from the dog breeder where we bought Milly from who is setting up her dog grooming business in a new location that will allow her to sell other dog related items to the public.  You all know just how much I love a challenge so when she asked what I could make for her my brain went into overdrive, out came the fabrics and I started pattern making and sewing.  It's early days yet but along side my other customer sewing this week I have been creating so that's my excuse for the photos I'm sharing today....





First I'm going to stun and shock you all by these two pics.  So many of you paper crafters have exploding boxes that I thought you'd like to see mine only of course mine are overflowing with fabrics!!
The top one is my smaller scrap box but of course it's been piled high with other things and the bottom pic is my fabric box I made to hold my fat quarters and as you can see it just doesn't!!.....but it will one day when I can get my head around using some of it.  :-)


I have laid out some of my fat quarters so my customer can decide which she would like her bunting making out of for her shop.....but I have a feeling she has decided for me to use something else now....so I guess this lot will be piled back into the box again.
See! I did try to use some of it.


I sorted out some of my tartan fabrics to show her and I may well be making bandanas or bow tie out of some of these.....but for now I will put them back into one of my 16 Ikea storage boxes full of fabrics.



I have made another batch of bandanas....I really love this fabric and so does my customer so I will be buying more of this.


I've also made my first batch of doggy bows that fix on the collars with a loop of elastic....I love the little paw prints on these.



And finally, some of you may have seen on my Friday post that I made covers for Milly's fav little brown dog toy firstly in brown fabric .....which she chewed straight through! and then in denim...... she doesn't mind it being blue.....or does she?

As you can see she has chewed one of it's legs off to get little brown dog's leg out  :-) :-) :-)








Well folks that's it from me for today.  I will be getting my dumfing ready to bring it with me to the crop at the weekend......getting pretty excited now folks.
Hugs,
Annie x

13 comments:

Helen said...

No matter how we craft, we all have huge piles of stuff, that is for sure!! Have a wonderful time at the crop. Helen #1

Anne said...

Morning Annie. love the doggie makes. Think all crafters have boxes full of stash for their craft/crafts - I do!Looking forward to meeting you. Anne x #6

Neet said...

Oh Annie, you did make me smile with that last photograph. What is she like? Adorable is what I imagine you answering.
Love the doggy bandanas and the bow ties - what fab fabric.
Great fat quarters, can imagine they will soon be used up.
Hugs, and see you Saturday - Neet 8 xx

Twiglet said...

Nice to see you using up some of that stash but you know what will happen now don't you - lol. Look out W & T! xxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh yes, I recognise that overflowing scraps box, there's one very similar in my room :-D. Lovely doggy prints, I'm sure those items will sell really well. But it was Millie's toy that made me laugh the most, she's determined to get back to the brown eh?!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Annie. Don't think I dare show you my overflowing fabric boxes!! But look at you - a commission for a shop!! Well done.
See you at the weekend.
Take care. Drive carefully. God bless.
Margaret #2

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, what's Millie like! I can't believe she has chewed the cover you so lovingly made for her dog toy already. Is this what I have to look forward I wonder. Your piles of fabrics are impressive. I'm beginning to catch up with you since I started sewing again - pretty fat quarters are irresistible to me now. Predictably, I love the tartan pieces. Always love your bandanas and the bow-ties are very smart too. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday and to seeing your dumfing. Hugs, Ellie x #21

Sarah Brennan said...

Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday and seeing you dumph! Sarah #30

Lindart said...

How much are your doggy bow ties? So cute!! Looks like you have enough fabric there to last a lifetime! Have fun on Saturday, and have a great week! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #29

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I sold a big bag of fabrics when I sold my big sewing machine (to a lady who makes items for charity) and now wish I had most of it back. Still haven't got round to trying out my new little machine though. Buzz the dog loves to wear a bandana or bow tie. Ali x #26

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Ah! exploding boxes! love them. Maybe one day I will photograph my fabric boxes which are up in the loft. I suspect you may well like them. I have one big box just full of lining fabrics, one full of cotton and calico, a bag overflowing with nets and an old laundry basket that just has all kinds of fabric and patterns in there which I've not opened for ages. I love little BB (Brown/Blue)dog toy, he has suffered poor thing but is much loved. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x11x

May said...

Those bow ties and bandanna's are fabulous... Have a wonderful time at the crop... Lots of photos please have a great time... May #19

craftyani said...

Love the doggy bandanas material I have been making some in Christmas material. Your exploding box is great just like my table. Hope you enjoy the crop this weekend. Anickoana