Friday 8 December 2017

This week's smiles.....week 249

It's a quick catch up of my week's smiles as life here is pretty manic for me but I do my best to not let my regulars down.....and to those regulars I thank you loads for keeping up with the smiles.  Our numbers have dropped off since I started but I still like to keep things going for those that like to join in.

My smiles for this week have been many....mostly because my hip is now much improved and I'm able to cope with the flood of customers bringing me sewing jobs this week......and as you all know, I like to be kept busy :-)




My two daughters sent me photos within half an hour of each other of the, now much used, advent calendars I made for the grandchildren as each one arrived.  They come out every year and are filled with treats and every year it makes me smile just knowing how much they are enjoyed.

Michelle has made the most gorgeous Nativity scene for the twins using little wooden peg dolls.  Isn't it lovely?  All those hours spent with her as a child really is paying off.  It's so lovely watching my children doing such a lovely job with their own children.



Amy and her friend enjoyed an evening making Christmas garlands....and what a lovely job she did too.  The creative genes appear to have been passed on to all my children.




We have put up our Christmas tree ready for our little Christmas elves to come and decorate it.  It's a tradition that we do every year ....and I'm not sure who looks forward to an evening of tree decorating at Nanny Annie's most.....I know I do.

As you can see Milly had to get in on the picture and she looks so cute but......


......here she is sitting in her naughty corner avoiding eye contact because if you look closely at the photo she had just chewed the trunk off her new elephant toy....that's it just in front of her on the floor!!  I will add that she has since chewed a leg off too and managed to chew a hole in the body of it and got all the stuffing out!!

And no I haven't been able to repair it so the new extra tough elephant toy was put in the bin....obviously it wasn't tough enough for our little terror.....but she still makes me smile.

That's all from me for this week.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called in and add your own smiles to Mr Linky below.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure which made me smile more: Milly being Milly or the Nativity scene Michelle made for the twins. Seems you can be proud all round this week, dear. Looking forward to seeing photos of the tree as it's being decorated, too.

I was unable to visit while doing Art Every Day Month in November, but I'm back now and can't wait to see what other smiles will show up this Friday.

mamapez5 said...

A lovely Christmas post Annie. It is good to see the advent calendars being enjoyed year after year.
The nativity scene made me smile. I made one from cones of card and snippets of fabric and felt, around 45 years ago, and it still comes out every Christmas. It is looking very sad now, but my hands aren't up to the fiddly repairs, and it makes me smile just the way it is. I believe it was an old Woman's Weekly pattern.
I hope Milly learns the tree is a no-go area. She looks so "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" sort of cute, but I imagine she could wreak havoc if she tried! Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, lots to smile about this week but Milly has got to win top place in my eyes. I would like to say she will grow out of it but even at 8 and 9 our two will still have a chew at something if they are in that mood. Maisie's favourite is pulling turf out of the lawn because you are not doing what she wants you to do. I'm just off for a girly day out with some friends I used to work with so better go now. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Twiglet said...

Lovely Christmassy post - hope the snow clears before tomorrow. xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, it's such a shame that the numbers of Friday Smilers have gone down but hopefully some will return when they have the time. As usual, you have lots to smile about, not least Milly's very guilty face after destroying her elephant. Your girls are so talented too - the nativity scene is delightful and I love the wreath. I have plans to make one similar just as soon as I've completed my very long Christmas present making list. I'm sure you are going to a fabulous time with the little elves decorating your tree. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Lisca said...

Sorry, I have been ill in bed for days. Today is the first day I ventured downstairs and I am very wobbly still.
But I enjoyed reading your post. It made me smile and that is what we're all about isn't it.
Hugs,
Lisca

JoZart Designs said...

Love Michelle's nativity and her garland. Aren't we so lucky having great families? Just wish mine were all closer. H has moved cross country to Ifracombe now which is even harder to reach but her new home is fabulous! We are coming to the end of our year of trials and turmoil as my late friend's house is sold and key exchange is Friday. We can rest and relax after all the hard work. Next year we hope for a better time and an easier time. Thanks so much for your comment. So good to hear from you.
Jo x