Friday 13 April 2018

This week's smiles....week 267

Happy Friday everyone.  My week has been filled with lots of smiles and I really hope yours has too,  I like to look back at my week and find smiles that I can share with my friends hoping they will link up and do the same.  Everyone is welcome to join in so why not give it a go.


I love that poem....lets all get infecting the world with smiles.  Here's mine for this week....



Last Sunday my hubby and our son, Mark went to Wembley to watch our local team play footy.  They sent me this photo while they were there and I love to see them having quality time together.....needless to say their team lost so I'm sure it was a long journey home but no one can take away the lovely day they spent together.



Amy sent me this photo of Lulu showing their dog, Poppy videos of labrador puppies.  She's such a funny little girl and has had a really excited week as it was her 8th birthday.....she's so like her mummy when it comes to celebrating special days.....think she was counting down to it for weeks.  :-) :-)



Don't you just love it when little ones enjoy their food so much they wear it?  I've never seen any little one enjoy food like our little Theo does.  He tucks into everything and his favourites include broccoli, avocado and a plate full of different fruits....but as you can see he rather likes a bowl full of tomato soup too.
                  :-) :-) :-) :-)



Finally I popped out and snapped the latest blooms making a show in the garden for you one of the sunnier days this week.  The tulips have started to open up in the sun and the hyacinths are now in full bloom, looking and smelling amazing.....even though they have to be ine the furthest corner of the garden because their purfume triggers off my asthma.

Well folks those are my smiles for this week.  I've shown you mine so please show me yours.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I didn't think I would be back so soon because of my recycling this month. However, the opportunity arose, so I took it.

I've been looking back at your thread. You have a lot more regular thread than I have, but I have switched to practically all variegated, like you showed two weeks ago. I have quite a bit of that type. Of course, I sew paper mostly, and couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it.

I'm sure the "boys" were happy to be together, whether their team lost or won. It looks like they were having fun when the photo was taken.

Your tulips are amazing. Mine died or were stunted when we had three hard freezes several days in a row. Your hyacinths look great. Mine are also dead because of the hard freeze.

I'm having a brain freeze. I can't remember the name of the flowers at the top left. I always called them bells of some kind, but now I don't remember the name. I fear mine got forced out when I planted some very aggressive vines nearby.

Poppy has gotten big and heavy since I first saw the adorable pup. Lulu is as cute as ever, too.

Hope you have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, too.



Lisca said...

That poem made me smile. I have read it before but it produces a smile every time. (That's what it's meant to do I'm sure)
What an experience that must have been to go to Wembley stadium! I have never been, but I don't particularly like football. But I'm sure the boys had the time of their lives.
I just love that photo of Lulu with the dog! So sweet. Poppy seems interested....
Theo enjoying his food is a great thing to behold! I could kiss him! (better not or I'll have tomato soup all over me...)
Flowers in the garden always perk me up. It's been hideous weather this week. Our daughter came to visit and we have had snow and storms and a n awful lot of rain. Poor girl, that is not what one expects in Spain!
Have a great weekend and a week full of smiles,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like another great week over at Annie's. The poem is brilliant and a philosophy I have stuck with all my life. When we walk the dogs I smile at everyone I see and say hello and it's surprising at first people seem reluctant but gradually they return the favour so it's got to be good. I think in some parts of the country it's more difficult. My sister-in-law and her husband have just moved house and she was surprised how many people spoke to them as where they lived before no one seemed to speak when they saw you in the street. Personally I think a dog is helpful, I'm sure you know what I mean! Have a lovely weekend and big hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I finally thought of the name of the flowers: Lily of the Valley. Ask Jo if that's the name she calls them, too, please. I got hung up on the word "bells" and that pulled my brain along the wrong path.

Catriona said...

Beautiful photos Annie-you have such a lovely family. Happy weekend whatever you’re doing.

mamapez5 said...

I smiled at that little poem, though I have heard it before. It reminds me of what my mum used to say - "You smile and others smile, and soon there's miles and miles of smiles, and life's worthwhile, because you smile".
I love the picture of Lulu and her dog, and little Theo getting stuck into that bowl of soup. The children always have something to make us smile.
You little tulips are doing well after all the harsh weather. They are so pretty.
It was nice to hear from you this week. I have not picked up a comment from you for several weeks now, though I am fairly sure you sent one. Maybe our computers didn't feel like talking to one another. Anyway, you are back this week so that's nice. Hugs Kate x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Just such fun...I was all smiles seeing your fun photos. You are blessed being so close to your family. It's those magical moments I miss so much.